Our aim is to “complicate students’ thinking” rather than feed them a simplistic line on a complex issue...
Stories and Voices
We encouraged students at our PAZ After-School Program in Brooklyn (grades 2-5) to write poems about their community, their dreams, what they love, what angers them, and other things they are passionate about. Here's a poem about love by Tannya, a 4th grader.
The students in Mr. Van Nort’s senior English class had their last Circle in mid-June. Mr. Van Nort asked everyone to reflect on their experience together at the Green School, a public high school in Brooklyn. Then he passed the group’s talking piece (a pink and purple stuffed dog) around the Circle.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- NewsLatest in news, events, & announcements!
- Ask the KeeperAnswers to your questions about restorative practices in schools.
- In the CircleStaff developer Marieke van Woerkom’s blog on circles and restorative practices
- SEL TipsSEL strategies for solving classroom challenges.
- Stories and VoicesWritings from teachers, students & our staff