We are seeking to fill a data entry position for our PAZ (Peace from A-Z) After-School Programs. Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility operates three after-school programs that strengthen the social and emotional competencies of some 560 students from grades K-8.
Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility educates young people for hopeful and intelligent engagement with their world. A national leader in fostering social and emotional learning (SEL), Morningside Center reaches tens of thousands of educators and students each year through an array of programs that develop such skills as handling anger, being assertive, solving conflicts creatively and nonviolently, and dealing well with diversity. We support students in taking leadership to improve their communities--from the classroom to the world.
PAZ After-School Programs offer an exciting and progressive after-school experience that expands students' academic and social emotional learning skills through activities in peace education through conflict resolution, cooperative games, literacy, performing arts, and student led community projects.
- Upkeep of multiple funder Databases (DYCD / ExpandEd)
Elementary & Middle School
- Student Application entry for all Morningside After School programs
- Entering Attendance for all Morningside After School Programs
- Maintaining upkeep of Attendance sheets
- Working closely with Program Directors in Brooklyn and Bronx
- Generating Rate of Participant (ROP) reports
- Creating and reviewing student files with Program Director / and supervisor.
- Updating logistical information to meet Morningside requirements.
- Attending training sessions provided by Morningside Center and other database entities.
- Data Entry Specialist will report directly to Morningside Center Administration and Fiscal Departments.
Please be aware that field work will be required. Our school locations are in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan.
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, and the ability to be a team player are critical for Morningside / PAZ!
- Computer skills
Employee Type: Part Time
Professional level: entry level / computer skills necessary
Start Date: July 1, 2016
Job Function: Administration, Data management
Morningside Center is an equal opportunity employer.