We've posted new details about our Courageous Schools conference coming up on May 17:
Students across New York City began high-stakes testing today – or at least most of them did. Parents from three Brooklyn schools announced that 80% of students at the schools had opted out of the tests. Opposition to the testing regime is visible and rising in the city.
Here's a 7-step process your students can use to practice their problem-solving skills – and solve an actual problem while they're at it!
Below is the full text of her letter, originally posted on ECE NewsWatch.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Trump inaugurated, women & allies march January 22, 2017
- Why the Controversy over Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions? January 19, 2017
- What Does the Trump Administration Mean for Climate Change? January 16, 2017
Social & Emotional Learning
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016
- Election Emotions: Sharing & Community-Building November 9, 2016
- NewsLatest in news, events, & announcements!
- Ask the KeeperAnswers to your questions about restorative practices in schools.
- In the CircleStaff developer Marieke van Woerkom’s blog on circles and restorative practices
- SEL TipsSEL strategies for solving classroom challenges.
- Stories and VoicesWritings from teachers, students & our staff