"Sometimes I walk into schools and all I hear is people barking orders. Kids feel attacked," said educator and author Shaka Senghor in a powerful keynote talk at Morningside Center’s Courageous Schools conference on May 17, 2014.
Lupe, a 12th grader from Brooklyn, talks about why she decided to become a Circle Keeper and the impact it has had on her interactions with other students.
It's Pride Month! Here's a selection of TeachableMoment lessons you can use to mark the month, and links to other resources.
Here’s an activity that helps students (K-6) see themselves as active players in the world.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- NewsLatest in news, events, & announcements!
- Ask the KeeperAnswers to your questions about restorative practices in schools.
- In the CircleStaff developer Marieke van Woerkom’s blog on circles and restorative practices
- SEL TipsSEL strategies for solving classroom challenges.
- Stories and VoicesWritings from teachers, students & our staff