Elementary School Programs
Morningside Center works flexibly to meet the needs of schools. For more information, please contact us.
The 4Rs Program (Reading, Writing, Respect & Resolution).
The 4Rs Program integrates social and emotional learning (SEL) and language arts for grades pre-k to middle school.
Restore360 creates a sense of community among students, builds their social and emotional skills, and provides a positive alternative to punitive discipline policies that can lead to suspension (grades 3-12).
Peer Mediation and Peace Helper Programs.
Through our peer mediation programs, selected young people learn foundation skills in nonviolent communication, and then master a specific step-by-step mediation process.
Resolving Conflict Creatively Program (RCCP)
Founded by Morningside Center and the NYC Department of Education in 1985, the RCCP is one of the nation’s oldest and most effective school-based conflict resolution programs.
Pathways to Respect
Our research-based Pathways to Respect Program takes a whole-school approach to countering bullying and building community.
Our parent workshops help parents develop their social and emotional skills and strengthen their relationships with their children.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Trump inaugurated, women & allies march January 22, 2017
- Why the Controversy over Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions? January 19, 2017
- What Does the Trump Administration Mean for Climate Change? January 16, 2017
Social & Emotional Learning
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016
- Election Emotions: Sharing & Community-Building November 9, 2016