Staff developer Nelly Espina leads workshop "Creating a caring and supportive environment for LGBTQ students" at Courageous Schools Conference
Photo © Carolina Kroon
All of Morningside Center's school-based programs foster respect for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning students. By teaching students social and emotional skills, including diversity awareness and skills to counter bullying, we help schools create a safe, caring climate for LGBTQ students, and all students.
In addition, Morningside Center collaborates with the Department of Education and five other nonprofits to provide Respect for All workshops for staff of schools throughout New York City. These two-day awareness and skill-building workshops specifically address bullying, especially of lesbian and gay young people.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Presidential Conflicts of Interest February 20, 2017
- DeVos and a Controversy over Public Education February 20, 2017
- Black History Month & the Danger of a Single Story February 13, 2017
Social & Emotional Learning
- Immigration: Where are we from? January 29, 2017
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016