Staff developer Nelly Espina leads workshop "Creating a caring and supportive environment for LGBTQ students" at Courageous Schools Conference
Photo © Carolina Kroon
All of Morningside Center's school-based programs foster respect for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning students. By teaching students social and emotional skills, including diversity awareness and skills to counter bullying, we help schools create a safe, caring climate for LGBTQ students, and all students.
In addition, Morningside Center collaborates with the Department of Education and five other nonprofits to provide Respect for All workshops for staff of schools throughout New York City. These two-day awareness and skill-building workshops specifically address bullying, especially of lesbian and gay young people.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Trump inaugurated, women & allies march January 22, 2017
- Why the Controversy over Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions? January 19, 2017
- What Does the Trump Administration Mean for Climate Change? January 16, 2017
Social & Emotional Learning
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016
- Election Emotions: Sharing & Community-Building November 9, 2016