Educators consider the positive aspects of confllict at the Courageous Schools Conference.
Photo © Christopher L. Smith
All of Morningside Center's school-based programs provide professional development for adults, especially teachers, using engaging, interactive workshops and evidence-based approaches to teacher coaching.
Our classroom-based curriculum programs, including The 4Rs (Reading Writing, Respect & Resolution) and the Resolving Conflict Creatively Program, provide teachers with training workshops followed by extensive classroom coaching to support them in effectively teaching the curriculum - and in creating a positive classroom climate.
Our Advisories program, Pathways to Respect, and Rethinking Discipline programs are also built on effective professional development. In addition, we provide professional development for adults in supporting school-wide peer mediation and Peace Helper programs.
- We provide professional development for principals through our Planning for SEL program.
For more information, contact: Lillian Castro, Director of Administration, 212.870-3318 x33; LCastro@morningsidecenter.org.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Trump inaugurated, women & allies march January 22, 2017
- Why the Controversy over Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions? January 19, 2017
- What Does the Trump Administration Mean for Climate Change? January 16, 2017
Social & Emotional Learning
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016
- Election Emotions: Sharing & Community-Building November 9, 2016