Social & Emotional Learning
Practicing the 4Rs at PS 214, Bronx.
Photo © Carolina Kroon
All of Morningside Center's programs aim to foster children's social and emotional learning. We foster SEL through classroom curricula, including The 4Rs and Restore360, through school-wide peer mediation and student leadership programs, by helping schools develop comprehensive approaches to SEL, discipline, (Rethinking Discipline), and eliminating bullying (Pathways to Respect), through our PAZ after-school programs and more. Please see descriptions of these programs for details!
Morningside Center defines SEL as the process by which we develop our emotional intelligence. It consists of:
- understanding and managing feelings
- relating well to others
- dealing well with conflict and other life challenges
- focusing attention and concentrating
- setting goals and working toward them
- making good decisionstaking responsibility for improving our communities – from the classroom to the world
For more information, contact: Lillian Castro, Director of Administration, 212.870-3318 x33; LCastro@morningsidecenter.org.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us